News from the Front: The Reaver Titan Meliora Bellator has been deployed to smite the enemies of mankind.
Tremble in fear at the Titan’s Mighty Tread™
Gasp in awe at the power of the Melta Cannon™
Feel the power of my huge resin Penis Extension™
Yes, the titan is done.
Four months (take out about a month because of the christmas holidays and that one week where nothing could happen because I was waiting on stuff)
about £700 in costs and a modicum of blood and sweat, no Tears, I did get frustrated at various points but nothing worthy of crying over.
This won’t quite be the end of this project, I’m planning to extend the armaments of the Titan to include some of the other Arm Weapons and possibly some Carapace weapon conversions.
The prospect of giving it an Inferno Cannon pleases me possibly a bit too much.
In any case, here are the photos I took at my local Games Workshop. Unfortunately no pics of the back, but there isn’t much I really care to show off about the rear end of a titan 😛
I finally assembled and painted my Reaver’s Power Fist
I’d been putting it off with the vague plan to carve up the joints and build plasticard versions that I could make poseable.
The kit is poseable in whatever pose you like, however with the caveat that once you decide on one, you have to glue it in place.
As a test, I drilled out and pinned each of the thumb joints, that worked great, but the fingers have armour plates covering each knuckle which simply cannot be made flexible. the only way I could think to do it was to put a dollop of hotglue underneath each one and let it flex and bend that way…I wasn’t convinced it’d work or stay intact after lots of playing.
The second big problem was that all the major joints were basically a resin drum which butted up against a curved section of the next part. No-where to fit a pin for the joint.
To that end, I bought some sheet plasticard to cut up in several layers and build into actual working replacement joints.
Problem is a lack of appropriate tools to do that, I may yet in future though.
In the end, I gave up and went with Generic Pose #1, the slightly camp not quite hand-on-hips that the official FW photographs of it use.
My Reaver is very nearly there.
Currently the To-Do list is as follows:
- Misc Detail pass over the main hull, there are some vents and such that need attention
- Drill Through feet to add Pegs to hold it to the base.
- Drill out shoulders so I can attach the arms by Bolts to the shoulders.
- Scenic basing on the Base.
- assemble legs, the ankles and hip joints need gluing at this point.
- Add the toe piston arrangements and ankle plates
- Assemble Waist section, not gluing the waist to the torso, it can sit stably on top of it anyway.
- Magnetise elbow area for weapon arm so it can swivel.
- Acquire and attach corrugated rubber hoses, the resin ones are awkward.
- Final Assembly and gluing of major components (particularly torso/head)
Estimated timescales…Most of the assembly and painting can be done in a couple days, the scenic basing will take a few days.
I hope to have it very nearly done before christmas.