Back in early september (around sept 10th) I took delivery of a Reaver Titan.
I’d always wanted one and after some consideration I decided that I didn’t want to start small with the Warhound. From what I’d seen, the Warhound is actually technically more complex to assemble and structurally weaker in the legs.
Nope, if I’m going to drop more than £100 on a titan it’s going to be the one I actually want. No point working up to it!
So I’ve been working on it on average 6 – 9 hours a week for the past two and a half months.
Here are the photos I took as I went.
So far, I’m at the stage now where I need to seriously decide what I’m doing for the basing.
My plan was to buy a wooden Trophy Plaque, but it’s so far proven quite hard to find a reasonably priced one big enough.
I’d rather not buy raw lumber and have to bevel the edges myself… Whatever I do needs to be durable enough to withstand the mass of the titan if it starts to keel over. I’m also going to go over it with poly-filler and suchlike to build up terrain, add some GW scenery materials too. I’ve bought a Manufactorum kit to help with that.
When the Basing is planned and viable, I can figure out the foot positions and start posing the legs to fit. I can’t do very much with the Pistons or the toes until the shins are at their permanent positions, so it all hinges on this.
I’m thinking a braced forwards stance, it’s walking and firing its weapon